Interview Questions for Mental Health Counselors:
1. How does your experience equip you to be a good mental health counselor?
Assesses the candidate's suitability and knowledge of the role.
2. Can you tell me about a time when you facilitated a very successful intervention?
Highlights the candidate's expertise and practical experience.
3. What would you tell a husband who can't cope with his wife's psychotic episodes?
Tests whether appropriate intervention steps would be followed to support family members.
4. What would you do if you think a client is not taking their prescription medication?
Demonstrates the candidate's problem-solving skills and willingness to collaborate with other specialists when required.
5. Can you elaborate on a difference between the latest DSM and the previous version?
Shows whether the candidate keeps up with clinical and diagnostic advancements.