Medical Support Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented team player to join our workforce as a medical support assistant. The responsibilities of the medical support assistant include greeting patients, maintaining and recording medical data in patient files, controlling patient accounts, and handling scheduling.
A successful medical support assistant should have excellent administrative and data entry skills. Ultimately, a top-notch medical support assistant should be empathic to patients and supportive of Doctors and should work well in a team environment.
Medical Support Assistant Responsibilities:
- Answering phone calls and emails and delivering messages to staff members.
- Greeting patients and visitors, answering basic questions, and directing them to the correct departments.
- Maintaining patient records and updating their medical data, both manually and electronically.
- Organizing the paperwork and opening files for new patients.
- Verifying patients' insurance information.
- Assisting Doctors with patient examinations, as needed.
- Collecting and documenting patients' basic health information, including height, weight, and vital signs, for the Doctors to review during examinations.
- Recording Doctors' orders regarding patient care and scheduling the appointments.
- Tracking inventory and ordering supplies.
- Maintaining employee timesheets and attendance records.
Medical Support Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of one years' vocational training may be advantageous.
- Certification, such as Certified Medical Assistant or similar, may be advantageous.
- Administrative experience and basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) and scheduling skills.
- Basic computer skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.