Registered Medical Assistant Job Description Template
We are seeking an experienced registered medical assistant to create a welcoming and supportive environment for our patients. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining patient files, performing clinical evaluations, and sterilizing equipment. You may also be required to administer treatment under supervision.
To ensure success, registered medical assistants should exhibit a patient-oriented approach and demonstrate knowledge of diagnostic procedures and minor treatments. Top-notch candidates maintain high standards in patient care and have experience in medical administration.
Registered Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Creating a supportive environment by welcoming and assisting patients.
- Obtaining personal and health information, managing patient files, and updating electronic health records.
- Assisting healthcare professionals with patient examinations and minor procedures.
- Recording vital signs and collecting and preparing laboratory specimens.
- Performing minor diagnostic tests and administering treatment under the supervision of healthcare professionals.
- Assisting with administration duties, including scheduling appointments, arranging laboratory services and hospital admissions, handling billing, and filing insurance claims.
- Relaying diagnostic tests and assessment results to healthcare professionals.
- Guiding patients through the facility, as well as explaining procedures and treatments.
- Setting up and replenishing stock in examination and procedure rooms.
- Sterilizing medical equipment and sanitizing designated areas.
Registered Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Associate degree or certification in medical assisting, accredited by either the CAAHEP or ABHES.
- Certified medical assistant (CMA) with a minimum of 2 years of experience in this role.
- Ability to work under supervision and monitor, report, and record a patient's condition.
- Advanced record-keeping abilities and proficiency in related software, such as AdvancedMD and NextGen.
- Experience in clinical evaluation, specimen collection, and administering minor treatments.
- Ability to assist healthcare professionals with medical examinations and procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to assist, guide, and reassure patients.
- Proficiency in prioritizing tasks and performing under pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in healthcare and sterilization protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.