Interview Questions for Registered Medical Assistants:
1. Which treatments do junior assistants usually find difficult to administer? Why?
Reveals which treatments the candidate has mastered, as well as their knowledge.
2. Can you describe an approach you followed that seemed to ease anxious patients?
Evaluates the candidate's experience in patient care and their ability to reassure patients.
3. You notice that surgical gloves are short in supply. What do you do?
Demonstrates the candidate's problem-solving skills and their ability to take proactive steps.
4. Tell me about a time when you dealt with a distressed patient. What happened?
Assesses the candidate's interpersonal skills and experience, as well as their ability to perform under pressure.
5. Can you describe your experience with electronic health record systems?
Highlights whether the candidate has a working knowledge of industry-related administrative software.