Medical Administrative Assistants work in healthcare facilities, performing administrative tasks such as booking appointments, greeting patients and gathering patients' personal information.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Medical Administrative Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized and computer-literate Medical Administrative Assistant to be responsible for our healthcare facility's front desk tasks. These tasks include answering phone calls, managing appointment bookings and updating the facility's system with patients' information.
To be successful as a Medical Administrative Assistant you must be able to keep patients' information confidential and exercise patience when working with potentially difficult individuals. A good administrative assistant has great attention to detail and is able to prioritize tasks efficiently.
Medical Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls.
- Respond to emails.
- Schedule appointments.
- Greet patients upon arrival.
- Collect patients' personal information.
- Validate payment methods and medical insurance coverage.
- Record patients' information in the computer system.
- Issue invoices to clients.
Medical Administrative Assistant Requirements:
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Prior experience in an administrative role would be advantageous.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources