Recruitment service plan
Applicant management tools
Freelancer profile directory
Media Match offers a targeted solution for hiring professionals in the TV and film industry. The platform offers a central dashboard where users can manage applications, search resumes, and communicate with candidates easily.
With that said, the platform's job application subscription fee may turn away potential candidates, and its absence of key hiring tools, such as job post upgrades and job syndication, may prove disadvantageous for recruiters.
- Employers gain access to a database of thousands of TV and film production professionals across the U.S. and abroad.
- The Active Recruitment plan matches employers with up to three candidates according to experience, skills, and location.
- Users can add filter questions to their job listings to screen candidates.
- Targeted email alerts are sent to relevant candidates.
- There is no limit to the number of job applications received.
- The Application Suite allows users to manage job listings, applications, and correspondence in one location.
- Employers can proactively search for suitable candidates in the freelancer database.
- Media Match does not offer key hiring features like job post upgrades or job ad distribution to other job boards.
- Candidates are charged a monthly membership fee to apply for jobs, which may deter them from using the platform.
Media Match has a 2.6-star rating based on a few reviews on TrustPilot. The reviewers, all job seekers, complained that they could not find jobs through the site despite paying the monthly subscription fee for several months. Another complaint claimed that many job ads were posted by confidential parties who failed to respond to inquiries.
Media Match features a testimonials page on their website where candidates have rated the platform 4 out of 5 stars.
Media Match allows employers to post job listings and search the freelancer directory for free. They also offer a paid recruitment service, whereby candidates are sourced on behalf of the employer for a fixed price of $500.00 per candidate hired.
Media Match vs. EntertainmentCareers.net:
EntertainmentCareers.net is a niche job board that promotes roles in entertainment and digital media in the U.S. and abroad. Both sites offer free job posting, and EntertainmentCareers.net offers paid upgrades, while Media Match offers a premium recruitment plan for a flat fee of $500.00. Only Media Match allows users to search candidate profiles.
Media Match vs. Backstage:
Backstage has served the film and TV industry since 1960, making it a reputable site for sourcing and hiring talent. The site offers paid plans starting at $24.95 per post, while Media Match has a free posting plan. Comparatively, Backstage has a larger candidate database and offers a plethora of helpful casting tools lacking from Media Match.
Media Match vs. Indeed:
Indeed is a general job posting site with free and paid options and a larger reach than Media Match. Indeed's resume database plan costs $100.00 per month, while users can search candidate profiles for free on Media Match. Indeed, however, is more feature-rich than Media Match, with built-in skills assessments and a mobile app for iOS and Android.