From $24.95 /post.
Searchable talent database
Candidate messaging tools
Social media promotion
Backstage is a well-established talent marketplace for the entertainment sector. While the site does not offer a free job posting plan, employers can access the searchable talent database at no cost. Standout features include candidate messaging tools, payment facilitation, and the option to include listings in Backstage's print magazine.
- The site offers several job post add-ons to increase visibility and exposure.
- There is a searchable talent database that employers can access for free.
- Employers can pay talent via the Backstage platform.
- Candidate messaging tools make it easy to connect with talent.
- Job ads can be promoted in the Backstage print edition magazine for added reach.
- With the Featured add-on, job posts receive extra promotion and appear as an exclusive Featured item in online search results.
- Employers can sort candidates by relevance, making it easy to find suitable talent.
- There is no free job posting plan.
- The site does not mention social media promotion or offer employer branding tools.
On Sitejabber, Backstage has more than 270 reviews and a rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars, while on Trustpilot 40 reviewers awarded the site an average rating of 1.5 out of 5 stars. While multiple users praised Backstage's customer support, several negative reviews pertained to the website specifically, claiming that it is not user-friendly.
User Background Verification*
Add-On: 1 Extra Category
Add-On: 2 Extra Categories
Add-On: Print Spotlight
*Backstage charges a one-off user verification fee for a confidential background check to ensure the quality and safety of the Backstage creative network. The verification may take up to three hours to process.
Backstage vs. VelvetJobs:
With a starting price of $24.95 per post, Backstage is more affordable than VelvetJobs, which has a starting price of $39.99 per month. While neither offers a free job posting plan, both feature a searchable candidate database. VelvetJobs stands out with employer branding and job distribution, which Backstage does not offer.
Backstage vs. Stage 32 Job Board:
The Stage 32 job board provides a free job posting service, compared to Backstage's starting price of $24.95 per post. Both cater to the U.S. entertainment sector, but Backstage offers better features, including job post enhancements and a searchable talent database.
Backstage vs. EntertainmentCareers.Net:
While a basic job posting on EntertainmentCareers.Net is free, it costs $24.95 on Backstage. Both sites offer job post enhancements, but only EntertainmentCareers.Net supports ATS integration and promotes jobs on social media. However, the latter lacks a searchable candidate database, which Backstage, in turn, does offer.