Media buyers source and acquire advertising space for print, radio, television, billboard, and online campaigns. They conduct market research, source appealing media space and slots, negotiate with advertising sales agents, and ensure that the advertising medium and placement reaches the desired target audience effectively.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Media Buyer Job Description Template
We are seeking a skilled media buyer to source and purchase a variety of advertising space for our clients. As a media buyer, you will be required to analyze and interpret market analytics, determine the optimal medium and placement for marketing campaigns, and negotiate and procure the desired advertising space and media slots.
To ensure success as a media buyer, you should possess a good understanding of marketing principles and a strong ability for interpreting analytics. A top-notch media buyer should be highly persuasive and secure advertising space that ensures the maximum reach of clients' campaigns.
Media Buyer Responsibilities:
- Conducting market research and analyzing demographics, media usage, psychographic, and buying patterns to define the target audience and campaign requirements.
- Developing advertising strategies and campaigns with marketing teams to most effectively reach the desired audience.
- Sourcing and presenting audience data and advertising proposals to clients for feedback.
- Proofreading advertising material before launching campaigns.
- Coordinating and overseeing the development and launch of campaigns.
- Negotiating with advertising sales agents to ensure the most cost-effective deal structures.
- Managing budgets and monitoring campaigns costs and ROI metrics.
- Tracking and presenting campaign data such as views, click-throughs rates, engagements, and customer conversions rates.
- Building and maintaining a network of advertising agents and broadcasting networks.
- Monitoring audience and media trends, practices, and new technologies.
Media Buyer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or similar.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a media buyer or similar.
- Good understanding of media analytics tools such as Videoma, Cision, Nielsen, and Google Analytics.
- Strong computer skills with programs such as MS Office, Google Suite, and Facebook Business Manager.
- Experience in a variety of advertising mediums including print, radio, television, film, and social media.
- Excellent financial skills and the ability to manage large budgets.
- The ability to collaborate with others and work as part of a team.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Strong communication and networking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources