A Media Planner conducts market research and develops effective marketing campaigns for businesses and advertisement agencies. Also known as Media Researchers or Media Specialists, these highly-analytical professionals present campaign proposals, evaluate campaign performance and oversee budgets.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Media Planner Job Description Template:
We are searching for a highly-analytical Media Planner to design and oversee our media and advertising campaigns. Your chief goal will be to enhance our media marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness and customer loyalty. In this position, your principal responsibilities will include analyzing target audiences, managing campaign budgets, and evaluating campaign performance.
As the Media Planner, in-depth knowledge of market research and target audiences is essential. To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will be a skilled communicator and decision-maker who can work effectively within a team environment.
- Research and evaluate market data.
- Oversee campaign budgets and negotiate costs for features such as advertising room and social media campaigns.
- Supervise the implementation of media campaigns.
- Identify target audiences and analyze their behavior, characteristics, and routines.
- Choose the best media outlet combination for different campaigns.
- Prepare and present campaign proposals to clients.
- Monitor media trends of all outlets including magazines, blogs, and movies.
- Assess the success of media advertising plans and campaigns.
- Proofread all advertisements and marketing campaigns before release.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a media planner or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of analytics tools and campaign evaluation metrics.
- An analytical mind with a creative eye.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work well within a team.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources