Media buyers purchase time slots and media space for advertising campaigns in a variety of mediums including films, radio stations, televisions, and magazines, among others. They analyze demographics, media usage, and ratings, identify desirable advertising space, and negotiate the contracts with advertising sales agents.
When interviewing media buyers, look for candidates who possess exceptional negotiation skills and a good understanding of various advertising mediums. Be wary of candidates who lack strong financial or analytical abilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Media Buyers:
1. What types of advertising slots have you purchased before?
Assesses the candidate's work experience and versatility.
2. What would be the best medium to advertise a sports drink and why?
Explores the candidate's analytical thinking and marketing abilities.
3. What techniques would you use to negotiate a deal for the desired advertising space?
Explores the candidate's communication and negotiation skills.
4. What audience tracking and analytics tools do you prefer to work with and why?
Explores the candidate's technical experience and analytic skills.
5. Can you describe a time when an advertising placement you procured was unsuccessful and what you learned?
Examines the candidate's weaknesses and ability to learn from mistakes.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources