Also known as Media Coordinators, Media Directors lead the advertising department in all campaigns and projects and oversee the successful implementation of plans. Media Directors work closely with all members of the advertising department as well as clients.
When interviewing Media Directors the most successful candidate will have experience working in advertising and have a portfolio of successful campaigns they have contributed to. Be wary of candidates with no leadership experience and poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Media Directors
1. What method would you follow when presenting complex information in a simplified manner?
This tests the candidate’s ability to condense complex information into user-friendly content.
2. How would you rectify a campaign that didn’t produce the desired result?
This illustrates the candidate’s ability to recognize mistakes and use appropriate measures to remedy the situation.
3. How do you monitor multiple campaigns aimed at different target markets?
This question tests the candidate’s ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects.
4. How does your research help you to identify opportunities that can develop into campaigns?
This illustrates the candidate’s ability to effectively research and identify opportunities for media coverage.
5. What metrics do you monitor after releasing a new campaign?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of analytical tools.