Interview Questions for Lyricists:
1. How would you go about writing lyrics to accompany instrumentals?
Reveals more about candidates' processes and also tests their organizational and planning skills.
2. What was the most rewarding project you have worked on?
Reveals candidates' areas of interest and passions, as well as their strengths.
3. Describe a time when you almost missed a deadline. What did you learn?
Tests time management and problem-solving skills, as well as work ethic.
4. Tell me more about your process. Where do you draw inspiration from?
Reveals candidates' abilities to come up with fresh, original ideas while working on a deadline.
5. In terms of lyrics, what is your favorite song and what makes it so good?
Tests the ability to identify and understand quality lyrical work.