Layout Designer Job Description Template
We are searching for a talented layout designer to join our graphic design team. As a layout designer, you will be working closely with artists and graphic designers to create eye-catching media for printed pages and screens. Your job is to ensure that the text, images, and media is perfectly balanced on the page to ensure a pleasant reading experience.
To be successful as a layout designer you should have extensive graphic design experience, a natural eye for composition, and artistic flair. A top-class layout designer should be able to create visually striking content that invites the reader to explore all aspects of the page.
Laout Designer Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with the publication team on projects including graphic designers, proofreaders, and illustrators.
- Brainstorming new page ideas to incorporate advertisements naturally into the text.
- Arranging page elements for screens and printed media.
- Determining text and image size for each page.
- Manipulating image aspect ratio for optimum viewing.
- Modifying page graphics to work with the images and text.
- Examining page proofs for final approval.
- Reviewing successful campaigns and adjusting strategies accordingly.
Layout Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or similar.
- 3+ years of experience as a layout designer or graphic designer.
- Proficiency with industry desktop publishing tools including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Quark, and Illustrator.
- Excellent composition and visual design skills.
- A deep understanding of typography principals.
- Artistic and drawing skills.
- Advanced proofreading skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.