Design Consultants suggest ideas that will create a space or product that integrates form, functionality, and aesthetics. They work in the Interior Design, Graphic Design, or Fashion Design industries.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Design Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, outgoing individual to join our team as a Design Consultant. The responsibilities of the Design Consultant include evaluating client needs, developing products and prototypes, creating aesthetically pleasing interior spaces, or creating new fashions.
To be a successful Design Consultant, you should have a good working knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software. A top-notch Design Consultant is creative with a strong understanding of colors, themes, and textures.
Design Consultant Responsibilities:
- Reviewing the clients' space, target audience, or website and evaluating their needs.
- Using digital design software to create prototypes, drawings, and other representations to show the clients what the end product will look like.
- Selecting color schemes, styles, themes, and layouts to bring the approved design to life.
- Working with other professionals to improve and upgrade existing designs.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest trends.
- Assisting with the marketing of completed designs.
- Ensuring that the clients' message has been conveyed and that they are satisfied with the end product.
Design Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interior Design, Fashion Design, or related fields.
- A license may be required for an Interior Design Consultant.
- A portfolio of completed designs.
- Strong working knowledge of CAD software.
- Good understanding of colors, themes, styles, and layouts.
- Excellent creative, communication, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and time management skills.
- Experience with maintaining a budget.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources