Interior Designers bring to life an artistic vision for work and living spaces, seeing out a project from conception to creation. Design plans should be cognizant of safety and functionality requirements and maintain a strict adherence to building codes and regulatory standards.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interior Designer Job Description Template
We are looking for artistic, detail-oriented candidates with good interpersonal skills for the position of Interior Designer. The Interior Designer's key responsibilities include visualizing and sketching design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met. You will also be expected to comply with the regulatory environment around inspections and building codes.
Good Interior Designers are able to think creatively about the use of space, color and movement and will draw on other artistic mediums for creative inspiration. They will also be effective communicators with the ability to persuade in communicating a design idea.
Interior Designer Responsibilities:
- Outline client design objectives.
- Conceptualize and sketch design plans.
- Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
- Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
- Source materials and products included in plans.
- Create 'mood boards' to sample your design vision.
- Utilize computer applications in the design process.
- Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
Interior Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field.
- Portfolio of design work.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with computational design.
- Highly creative, imaginative and artistic.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in regard to communicating an artistic vision.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, SketchUp or similar design software.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources