Independent Sales Associates are contracted by different companies to persuade customers to purchase their products and services. They generate leads, arrange meetings with potential and existing customers, and negotiate terms of sale.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Independent Sales Associate Job Description Template
We are looking for an outgoing and target-driven Independent Sales Associate to present our products to customers and persuade them to make purchases. The Independent Sales Associate's responsibilities include building and sustaining strong working relationships with customers, promptly submitting purchase orders for processing, and continually meeting or exceeding sales targets. You should also be able to utilize opportunities for professional development by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
To be successful as an Independent Sales Associate, you should be persuasive and willing to work long hours. Ultimately, a top-performing Independent Sales Associate should be able to demonstrate exceptional organizational, time management, and customer service skills at all times.
Independent Sales Associate Responsibilities:
- Generating leads and scheduling face-to-face meetings with potential and existing customers.
- Traveling to potential and existing customers’ homes or places of business to present company products and convince customers to make purchases.
- Attending industry events to network and build relationships with potential customers.
- Negotiating pricing and other terms of sale with suppliers and vendors.
- Filling out necessary paperwork and obtaining customers’ signatures to finalize each sale.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Providing exceptional after-sales service to customers by contacting them to inquire into whether they are satisfied with company products.
- Monitoring industry competition by researching competitors’ products, pricing, and product success.
Independent Sales Associate Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP) certification is advantageous.
- Proven sales experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to travel between customers.
- Excellent negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources