Direct Sales Representatives create customer awareness of companies' products and services. They are responsible for presenting companies' products and services to potential customers and closing sales.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Direct Sales Representative Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a driven Direct Sales Representative to introduce company products to potential customers and close sales. The Direct Sales Representative’s responsibilities include researching competing products, identifying opportunities to increase sales, and assisting in the development and execution of sales and marketing plans. You should also be able to answer customers’ questions regarding product pricing, availability, features, and benefits.
To be successful as a Direct Sales Representative, you should demonstrate strong negotiation skills and convince customers to purchase company products. Ultimately, a top-performing Direct Sales Representative should achieve exceptional customer service and ensure that purchased products are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
Direct Sales Representatives
- Meeting or exceeding weekly, monthly, and yearly sales quotas.
- Canvassing assigned territories to present company products to potential customers.
- Assisting management in identifying viable marketing and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrating product features to customers.
- Contacting leads and setting up appointments to present company products.
- Completing order forms and submitting them for processing.
- Attending trade shows and other industry-related events.
- Preparing sales proposals for potential buyers.
- Completing regular sales reports specifying the number of sales made.
Direct Sales Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field is advantageous.
- Proven sales experience.
- The ability to retain important information.
- Sound consultative selling skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources