Sales representatives present and sell products or services to organizations, businesses or government agencies. They contact potential buyers, present products and services, answer questions and discuss pricing.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Sales Representative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Representative to be responsible for generating leads and meeting sales goals. Duties will include sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential clients.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and also superb interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage.
Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Generating leads.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Negotiating all contracts with prospective clients.
- Helping determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports.
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective clients.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Understanding and promoting company programs.
- Obtaining deposits and balance of payment from clients.
- Preparing and submitting sales contracts for orders.
- Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Maintaining client records.
- Answering client questions about credit terms, products, prices and availability.
Sales Representative Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or related field.
- Experience in sales.
- Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment.
Sales Representative FAQ:
What does a sales representative do?
Sales representatives give presentations, demonstrate and sell products or services to potential buyers, and negotiate sales terms. Feel free to add your company’s sales job duties and responsibilities to our sales job description to create an ad that meets the needs of your business.
Can I customize your sales rep job description?
When you advertise a sales representative job, you should post a sales job ad that tells candidates what the position will be like at your company. You can add to or expand on the sales job requirements and sales duties listed in our sales representative job description example to create a job listing that better explains the sales representative’s role at your company.
What information should I include in my sales representative description?
You should post a sales representative job description that includes the qualifications and qualities you want in your next hire. Let potential applicants know you’re looking for a sales rep who is team oriented or self-motivated. Explain the sales rep responsibilities at your company. Feel free to use our salesperson job description sample as a starting point for your next job listing.
Do you have some examples of interview questions for sales representatives?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a sales position job description that works for your organization, take a look at our sales representative interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources