The Business Development Manager (BDM) is often the first point of contact a new potential client will have with a business when they are seeking information on the products and services the company provides. The BDM also responds to RFP's, tenders, and develops sales in new sales territories.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Business Development Manager Job Description Template
Due to a promotion in our team, we are hiring another Business Development Manager to take over a mix of existing accounts and new sales territory. To excel in this role you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
Business Development Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
Business Development Manager FAQ:
What is a business development manager?
The business development manager, or BDM, informs others about company products and services and acts as the point of contact for new clients and their assigned existing clients. To create a job listing, simply add your business development manager duties to our business development manager job description sample and start attracting top talent today.
Can I customize your business development manager description?
When you post a business development manager job, you should include details about the qualifications, skills, and qualities your company is looking for. Feel free to edit or add to any section of our business development manager job description example to get a listing that works for your company.
What do I need to include in my business development manager job posting?
When you advertise a business development job, you should provide applicants with more information about the business development manager duties and responsibilities they will handle and the qualities and skills they will need to be successful. Try adding your company’s specific needs to our business development manager job description template to help applicants learn more about the role at your company.
Do you have interview questions for business development managers?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a business development manager job posting, take a look at our business development manager interview questions.