Account Executives work in many fields and help grow their companies by finding leads, closing sales, supporting existing clients, formulating sales strategies, and communicating product value to clients. They may also be known as Account Handlers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Account Executive Job Description Template
We are searching for high-energy Account Executives who can recognize opportunities and turn leads into long-lasting partnerships. With their extensive product knowledge and understanding of industry trends, Account Executives will communicate directly with clients and prospects, understand their individual needs, and recommend products or services that maximize value. Account Executives may also assist in developing sales strategies and establishing quotas. You should be an adaptable, knowledgeable multi-tasker with strong computer and communication skills.
Successful Account Executives will be skilled communicators and presenters who can find the best fit between client and product. The ideal candidate will be able organized, passionate about client relations, and focused on enhancing the buyer experience.
Account Executive Responsibilities:
- Providing support for clients by learning about and satisfying their needs.
- Making cold calls or reaching out to prospects.
- Following up with prospects several times throughout the sales cycle to ensure needs are being met.
- Presenting and demonstrating the value of products and services to prospective buyers.
- Compiling and analyzing data to find trends.
- Developing sales strategies and setting quotas.
- Staying current on company offerings and industry trends.
- Maintaining a database of contact information.
- Building long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external contacts and internal departments to create a better customer experience.
- Handling complaints and negotiations.
Account Executive Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- Additional education or experience may be preferred.
- Some fields may require additional certifications or licenses.
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of company offerings and industry trends.
- The drive and energy to manage multiple accounts while looking for new opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process.
- Strong time management skills.
- Computer skills, especially MS Office and CRM software.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources