Account Managers act as client advocates and work with internal departments to ensure that client needs are understood and satisfied. They may assist with making sales, handling client complaints, collecting and analyzing data, and improving the overall customer experience.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Account Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for communicative candidates who are proactive and passionate about company products and the clients they serve. Account Managers will act as a point of contact for their clients. They will build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with their contacts, always striving to find the products which best fit the individual needs of the client. They also aid internal departments by collecting information, such as sales leads or testimonials, assisting in the processing and analysis of client data and complaints, and identifying industry trends.
To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional communication, computer, and problem-solving skills. You should be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized with the ability to build rapport with clients.
Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Communicating with clients to understand their needs and explain product value.
- Building relationships with clients based on trust and respect.
- Collaborating with internal departments to facilitate client need fulfillment.
- Collecting and analyzing data to learn more about consumer behavior.
- Keeping accurate records pertaining to inventory and account notes.
- Maintaining updated knowledge of company products and services.
- Resolving complaints and preventing additional issues by improving processes.
- Identifying industry trends.
- Acting as a client advocate with a focus on improving the buyer experience.
Account Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, communications, or related field.
- More education or experience may be preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collect, track, and analyze large amounts of data.
- Adaptability and strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the company and externally.
- Understanding of consumer behaviors and industry trends.
- Extensive, accurate product knowledge.
Account Manager FAQ:
What does an account manager do?
The account manager role is to ensure that client needs are understood and satisfied. They build and manage client relationships, collect information, and ensure that company offerings meet the individual needs of clients. To create a custom job listing for your business, simply add your account manager job duties and requirements to our account manager job description sample.
Can I customize your account manager position description?
Feel free to edit or add to our account manager job description example to create the job listing you want.
What information should I include when I advertise an account manager job?
When you post an account manager job, you should provide applicants with information about your company’s specific needs. Tell them more about the account manager job duties they’ll need to perform. Explain the qualities and qualifications you’re looking for as you develop your account manager role description. Start with our account management job description sample and add your details to make a unique job listing that meets your company’s needs.
Do you have interview questions for an account manager?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.
After you have created a job description for an account manager that works for you, take a look at our account manager interview questions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources