Key Account Managers sustain and nurture solid relationships with key clients that generate the most income for a particular company. They utilize company resources to develop and implement strategic solutions to achieve key clients’ long-term goals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Key Account Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Key Account Manager to maintain solid relationships with the company's key clients. The Key Account Manager's responsibilities include growing the company's revenue by ensuring that key clients are satisfied with the services provided, identifying new business opportunities for key clients, and attending all meetings, conventions and training workshops. You should also be able to develop relationships with potential clients.
To be successful as a Key Account Manager, you should be able to analyze data and sales statistics and improve business and marketing strategies. Ultimately, an exceptional Key Account Manager should be able to manage multiple key accounts without compromising on the quality of services provided.
Key Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing and sustaining solid relationships with key clients that bring in the most income for the company.
- Addressing and resolving key clients’ complaints.
- Acting as the main point of contact between key clients and internal teams.
- Supervising the account teams assigned to each key client.
- Communicating and collaborating with the advertising, design, marketing, sales, and logistics departments to ensure that key clients’ needs are met.
- Compiling reports on account progress, goals, and forecasts for account teams and stakeholders.
- Developing a thorough understanding of key clients' needs and requirements and preparing customized solutions.
- Negotiating contracts with key clients and meeting established deadlines for the fulfillment of each client's long-term goals.
Key Account Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Sales, or related field.
- Proven experience in key account management.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications as well as CRM software.
- The ability to build rapport with key clients.
- The ability to handle multiple client accounts.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources