Independent Sales Representatives are independent contractors that work on a commission basis to sell companies' products and services to customers. They set up appointments with potential and existing customers, present company products, and convince customers to make purchases.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Independent Sales Representative Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Independent Sales Representative to drive company sales by persuading customers to purchase our products. The Independent Sales Representative’s responsibilities include managing customer relationships, identifying networking opportunities, answering customers' questions, and finding new customers through cold-calling, emailing, and social media advertising. You should also be able to implement effective sales strategies to continually meet or exceed sales quotas.
To be successful as an Independent Sales Representative, you should be committed to achieving sales goals with minimal supervision. Ultimately, a top-performing Independent Sales Representative should demonstrate effective communication and negotiation skills, and achieve excellent customer service at all times.
Independent Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Identifying potential customers through networking and following leads.
- Arranging meetings with potential and existing customers to present company products.
- Persuading customers to purchase company products by highlighting product benefits and key features.
- Building and maintaining solid working relationships with both new and existing customers.
- Negotiating pricing with suppliers and vendors to encourage purchases.
- Promptly submitting purchase orders to the relevant department for processing.
- Following up with customers to inquire into whether purchased products meet their expectations.
- Filling out the necessary paperwork and obtaining customers' signatures to complete each sale.
- Addressing customer concerns and resolving complaints.
Independent Sales Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP) certification is advantageous.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proven sales experience.
- The ability to travel to customers.
- The ability to work independently.
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources