Also known as Field Sales Representatives, Outside Sales Representatives meet with potential and existing customers based within an assigned sales territory to convince them to purchase company products or services. They develop and implement sales strategies to meet or exceed company sales quotas.
When interviewing Outside Sales Representatives, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate a compelling personality, drive, and strong consultative sales skills. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor communication and customer service skills.
Interview Questions for Outside Sales Representatives:
1. How do you know when you are about to close a sale with a customer?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, consultative sales skills, understanding of customer behavior, and experience.
2. What is the importance of cultivating relationships with existing customers?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, logic, and experience.
3. How do you know when to stop pursuing a lead?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience.
4. How would you convince a reluctant prospect to purchase our products?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, communication, negotiation, and consultative sales skills.
5. How would you handle a potential customer who is arrogant and dismissive toward you?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge as well as communication and customer service skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources