Route sales representatives sell products to customers along designated routes. They call on existing customers to introduce new product lines, design sales strategies to meet sales targets, and promote products to potential customers.
When interviewing route sales representatives, look for candidates with experience in a sales environment and the ability to maintain existing customer relationships and identify new opportunities. Be wary of candidates with limited knowledge of sales strategies and those who lack interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Route Sales Representatives:
1. In your experience, what makes a sales pitch successful?
Demonstrates the candidate's sales experience and their ability to sell products.
2. Can you explain your approach to keeping sales records?
Reveals the candidate's experience in recordkeeping and their proficiency in sales software.
3. A customer says that a competitor now offers a better deal. How do you react?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as their ability to retain customers.
4. Can you explain your strategy to meet sales targets?
Evaluates the candidate's sales experience and their knowledge of sales strategies.
5. Describe a time when you dealt with a customer complaint. What happened?
Assesses whether the candidate displays a customer-oriented approach and demonstrates their problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources