Route Sales Representative Job Description Template
We are looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic route sales representative to join our sales department. You will be driving along a designated route to provide our customers with sales-related services, growing our customer base in the area, and providing the sales manager with sales target updates.
To ensure success as a route sales representative, you should demonstrate a sound knowledge of sales strategies and sales experience in a similar industry. A top-notch route sales representative will be someone whose expertise in building and maintaining customer relationships results in increased sales revenue.
Route Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Developing a sales strategy, including cold calling, door-to-door selling, and product demonstrations.
- Driving along a designated route to sell products and calling on regular customers.
- Informing existing customers of upgrades to products, as well as introducing new product lines.
- Analyzing consumer behavior and collaborating with the sales department to remain competitive.
- Taking purchase orders, negotiating sales contracts, and collecting cash payments.
- Maintaining sales records and meeting sales targets, as well as presenting managers with regular updates.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure efficient customer services, as well as resolving complaints.
- Ensuring that promotional and demonstration materials are kept in mint condition.
- Keeping the sales vehicle's interior and exterior clean.
- Performing basic sales vehicle maintenance tasks, such as checking tire pressure, and gas and oil levels.
Route Sales Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- An associate's or bachelor's degree in marketing would be advantageous.
- At least 2 years experience as a sales representative in a related industry preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Proficiency in sales software, such as HubSpot and Freshsales.
- Superb interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
- Availability to work extended business hours, including weekends and public holidays.