Route sales representatives sell products and provide services to customers located on designated routes. They develop sales strategies in order to meet sales targets, follow up on sales leads, and build long-lasting relationships with their customers to retain their business and promote new product offerings.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Route Sales Representative Job Description Template
We are looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic route sales representative to join our sales department. You will be driving along a designated route to provide our customers with sales-related services, growing our customer base in the area, and providing the sales manager with sales target updates.
To ensure success as a route sales representative, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of sales strategies and sales experience in a similar industry. A top-notch route sales representative will be someone whose expertise in building and maintaining customer relationships results in increased sales revenue.
Route Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Developing a sales strategy, including cold calling, door-to-door selling, and product demonstrations.
- Driving along a designated route to sell products and calling on regular customers.
- Informing existing customers of upgrades to products, as well as introducing new product lines.
- Analyzing consumer behavior and collaborating with the sales department to remain competitive.
- Taking purchase orders, negotiating sales contracts, and collecting cash payments.
- Maintaining sales records and meeting sales targets, as well as presenting managers with regular updates.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure efficient customer services, as well as resolving complaints.
- Ensuring that promotional and demonstration materials are kept in mint condition.
- Keeping the sales vehicle's interior and exterior clean.
- Performing basic sales vehicle maintenance tasks, such as checking tire pressure, and gas and oil levels.
Route Sales Representative Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in marketing would be advantageous.
- At least two years' experience as a sales representative in a related industry preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Proficiency in sales software, such as HubSpot and Freshsales.
- Superb interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
- Availability to work extended business hours, including weekends and public holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources