Hospital Registrars operate the front desk in hospitals, receiving patients and ensuring that their information is recorded and that they are registered on the hospital's system for treatment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Hospital Registrar Job Description Template
We are looking for a focused and detail-oriented Hospital Registrar to receive patients, collect their information and record this information on the hospital computer system. Hospital Registrars are also responsible for answering phone calls and routing calls to the appropriate number.
To be successful as a Hospital Registrar you must be friendly and have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations. A good Hospital Registrar is able to keep patient information confidential and be professional and cordial with patients at all times.
Hospital Registrar Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls and redirect calls to the appropriate individual.
- Greet patients.
- Record patient information.
- Digitize patient information.
- Collect patient payment information and check that it is valid.
- Validate medical insurance coverage.
- File patient records.
Hospital Registrar Requirements:
- Friendly disposition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional computer literacy levels.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Experience with administrative work would be advantageous.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources