Group Leaders supervise, coordinate, instruct, and manage groups in a variety of settings. Depending on their field, Group Leaders may require specific qualifications and additional skills. Group Leaders can work in education, finance, engineering, human resources, healthcare, and more.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Group Leader Job Description Template
We are searching for a friendly and enthusiastic Group Leader to join our growing company. In this role, you will manage and supervise groups, prepare group activities and daily schedules, delegate tasks, and ensure that group members cooperate and that goals are achieved. When required, you will also act as an objective mediator.
A successful Group Leader will radiate confidence, inspire others, and be able to build professional relationships. Ideal candidates should have strong interpersonal skills and know how to effectively manage their time.
Group Leader Responsibilities:
- Managing, coordinating, supervising, and training groups.
- Providing clear written and verbal instructions to group members and promptly addressing any questions or concerns.
- Planning daily activities and delegating tasks.
- Clearly outlining goals and ensuring group members understand what’s expected of them.
- Educating and training new group members as well as support staff.
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are always obeyed.
- Analyzing group performance and making recommendations for improvement.
- Providing group sessions as well as one-on-one meetings where individuals can voice their concerns or questions.
- Upholding the values and standards of the organization or company, and setting a good example for colleagues and group members.
- Scheduling additional training sessions and workshops, as required.
Group Leader Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A relevant degree or associate’s degree may be required.
- Evidence of excellent leadership skills.
- Prior experience managing groups is preferable.
- Certification in leadership, teaching, management, or communication may be advantageous.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Great organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of administrative functions.
- The ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources