Shift Leaders supervise the daily operations of a store in the absence of a manager. They create the shift schedule, assign duties to staff, and readily help out at any work station during their shift.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Shift Leader Job Description Template
We are looking for a motivated Shift Leader to oversee daily operations during designated shifts, supervise employees, and ensure that our customers receive outstanding service. The Shift Leader's responsibilities include creating a shift schedule, dealing with no-shows, delegating tasks, handling cash up, and reporting any issues to the manager.
To be successful as a Shift Leader, you should be able to manage a team of people and ensure that all duties are performed accurately. Ultimately, a top Shift Leader should be able to ensure smooth and efficient workflows.
Shift Leader Responsibilities:
- Supervising employees, assigning duties, and creating a shift schedule.
- Monitoring team performance and ensuring duties are performed efficiently.
- Reporting any issues that arise during the shift to management.
- Managing employee requests and transgressions.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, health, and safety standards.
- Coaching team members and training new staff.
- Opening and closing registers, accounting for the daily intake and preparing cash deposits.
- Handling customer issues and employee disputes.
Shift Leader Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous experience as a Shift Leader or in a similar role in retail.
- Experience creating shift schedules.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Confident problem-solver.
- Team player.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources