Crew Leaders are employed by restaurants and fast-food chains to supervise and train crew members as well as address customer complaints. They ensure that crew members are well educated on proper food handling procedures and that customers are pleased with food quality and customer service.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Crew Leader Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a dedicated Crew Leader to supervise the activities of our Crew Members and ensure that customers are satisfied with food quality and service. The Crew Leader’s responsibilities include recruiting suitable Crew Members, establishing protocols to prevent food and supply wastages, and arranging replacements for Crew Members who are unwell or have taken time off. You should also ensure that dining tables are properly cleaned and set according to restaurant standards.
To be successful as a Crew Leader, you should demonstrate strong leadership and management skills and enforce compliance with food health and safety regulations. Ultimately, an exceptional Crew Leader should be able to handle stressful situations and achieve excellent customer service.
Crew Leader Responsibilities:
- Supervising the activities of servers, cooks, hosts, and other Crew Members.
- Educating Crew Members on proper food handling procedures and customer service.
- Ensuring that established guidelines on hygiene, quality, and food safety are followed.
- Scheduling work shifts and approving or declining Crew Members' requests for leave and time off.
- Organizing and overseeing the repair and maintenance of restaurant equipment.
- Monitoring restaurant supplies and placing orders for new stock as required.
- Resolving customer complaints and answering questions regarding pricing and menu items.
- Assisting Crew Members in processing payments using the restaurant's Point of Sale system.
Crew Leader Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven management experience in the hospitality industry.
- A food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of the foodservice industry.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources