Restaurant Managers are responsible for ensuring that the restaurant meets its sales goals by managing staff, collaborating with chefs to create menus and communicating with customers to gauge their service satisfaction.
When interviewing Restaurant Managers, the ideal candidate will have experience in the restaurant industry and have excellent interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates who do not have the stamina to work long hours and cannot multitask.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Restaurant Managers:
1. Describe a situation when you dealt with a difficult employee.
Shows the candidate's managerial experience and the ability to discipline employees.
2. There is a shortage in supplies and you’re expecting a large group of diners. How would you handle this situation?
Tests the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
3. Which important kitchen safety rules are implemented to protect the kitchen staff?
Highlights the candidate’s knowledge of health and safety regulations.
4. What steps would you take if you found that your team wasn’t meeting the company’s strategic goals?
Highlights the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
5. How would you ensure your staff remains motivated during stressful shifts?
Tests the candidate’s leadership and management skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources