The hostess or host welcomes restaurant customers, accepts reservations or adds guest names to the waiting list, and seats customers when a table is ready. Strong candidates will be polite and efficient. Avoid candidates who lack customer service skills.
Interview Questions for Hostesses
1. A customer enters and demands to be sat immediately. There is a one hour wait. What would you do?
Demonstrates the ability to handle stress.
2. How would you accommodate customers with special diets/allergies? What menu items would you recommend?
Shows familiarity with the menu.
3. On busy nights, how do you ensure customers who must wait are comfortable?
Demonstrates customer service skills.
4. What is the role of the host/hostess? What will you do well? What might be hard?
Reveals strengths and weaknesses.
5. How do you handle tense situations with customers? Coworkers? Use examples to support the answer.
Shows ability to work with others.
Post a Hostess job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission