Restaurant General Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized and goal-oriented restaurant general manager to oversee the running of our restaurant. The restaurant general manager is responsible for finding suitable staff and training them, keeping a record of all income and expenses, and working with kitchen staff to develop a menu.
To be successful as a restaurant general manager you should have excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service. A great restaurant general manager ensures that customers are satisfied while managing back-of-house priorities.
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Hiring and training staff.
- Creating and editing menus.
- Ordering ingredients and beverages.
- Keeping a record of income and expenses.
- Talking to customers to receive feedback on their service.
- Opening and closing the restaurant daily.
- Motivating staff during busy shifts.
- Ensuring that staff members are available for shifts.
Restaurant General Manager Requirements:
- A degree in business management.
- Prior experience in the restaurant industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Excellent customer service skills.