Kitchen Managers are in charge of the overall operations for the kitchen area of a restaurant. Also known as a Kitchen Supervisor, their goal is to ensure the kitchen department runs smoothly and complies with safety regulations. Duties include ordering food, preparing menus, and monitoring staff.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Kitchen Manager Job Description Template:
We are on the hunt for an experienced Kitchen Manager to oversee the daily operations of our establishment’s kitchen staff. As the kitchen manager, you will be responsible for overseeing food preparation, ordering supplies, scheduling shifts, and monitoring inventory levels.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have proven culinary and management experience. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership and organizational abilities.
- Order materials, supplies, and ingredients based on demand.
- Supervise kitchen employees and organize food orders.
- Oversee the food preparation and cooking process.
- Recruit and train kitchen employees in designated stations.
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments.
- Work with the restaurant manager to price and change menu items.
- Schedule work shifts for employees.
- Store all food products in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized.
- Maintain weekly and monthly cost reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management or certification from culinary school is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of kitchen health and safety regulations.
- Ability to work well in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict management abilities.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.