Interview Questions for Restaurant General Managers:
1. Describe a situation when you dealt with a difficult employee.
Shows the candidate's managerial experience and the ability to discipline employees.
2. There is a shortage in supplies and you’re expecting a large group of diners. How would you handle this situation?
Tests the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
3. Which important kitchen safety rules are implemented to protect the kitchen staff?
Highlights the candidate’s knowledge of health and safety regulations.
4. What steps would you take if you found that your team wasn’t meeting the company’s strategic goals?
Highlights the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
5. How would you ensure your staff remains motivated during stressful shifts?
Tests the candidate’s leadership and management skills.