Also called Camp Counselors, Camp Leaders fulfill a range of duties at different camps, including facilitating games and group activities, supervising campers, completing admin tasks, and assisting with chores.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Camp Leader Job Description Template
We are searching for an energetic Camp Leader with superb social skills, good attention to detail, and a passion for the great outdoors. Camp Leaders should feel comfortable addressing large groups, interacting with young children, and also be able to make decisions under pressure. Other responsibilities include delegating tasks, educating campers about health and safety, planning activities, and improving the overall camp experience.
To be successful as a Camp Leader, you should demonstrate excellent stamina and leadership skills, and a friendly, positive attitude. Top candidates have a growth mindset, are team players, and possess stellar communication and deliberation skills.
Camp Leader Responsibilities:
- Organizing groups and instructing campers.
- Working with other counselors to plan various activities.
- Delegating tasks and drawing up rosters.
- Assisting with a range of administrative duties.
- Encouraging and inspiring campers.
- Assisting with conflict resolution.
- Working with counselors and campers to organize social events.
- Ensuring campers learn in a safe, fun, and stimulating environment.
- Setting a good example for campers and staff.
Camp Leader Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience mentoring or supervising children.
- Good judgment and a strong moral and ethical code.
- Ability to act in stressful situations.
- Evidence of sound leadership skills.
- Multitasking abilities.
- First aid certification preferred.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources