Camp Counselors guide and ensure the safety of children as they engage in camp activities. They assist in the activity planning process, receive special training to fully support children, and lead them as they participate in camp events.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Camp Counselor Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic, attentive Camp Counselor to lead, support, and motivate campers as they enjoy all that the camp has to offer. The Camp Counselor will help plan events and lead group events, monitor campers and respond to incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents, log events and maintain records relating to activities, and discuss camper participation and concerns with parents and other camp staff members. You should be positive, proactive, and caring while focusing on giving campers a fun, safe camp experience.
To succeed as a Camp Counselor, you should be upbeat, decisive, and responsible. You should also be organized and possess strong leadership skills.
Camp Counselor Responsibilities:
- Working with other camp staff members to plan and coordinate camp events.
- Leading and supporting campers as they participate in age-appropriate activities.
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp facilities and equipment.
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to parents and camp staff.
- Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing camp rules.
- Participating in staff meetings.
Camp Counselor Requirements:
- High School Diploma, equivalent, or active enrollment in school.
- Experience working in camps, with children, or with specific activities may be preferred.
- First aid, CPR, and additional training may be required or beneficial.
- Physical ability to participate in activities, run, climb, swim, lift, or support the weight of children.
- Ability to pass a background check, a physical, and proof of immunizations.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Upbeat, engaging personality.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.