Recreation Assistants devise and implement recreational activities under the direction of a recreation manager. They are responsible for planning, setting up, and leading activities, assisting participants with special needs, and maintaining recreational equipment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Recreation Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a motivated and reliable Recreation Assistant to organize and supervise activity programs. The Recreation Assistant will be responsible for planning and executing activity programs, supervising and assisting participants, and ensuring that the facilities and equipment are clean and safe for use.
To be successful as a Recreation Assistant you should be able to devise engaging and enjoyable activities. An outstanding Recreation Assistant should have a lot of patience, a positive attitude, and be comfortable working with people of all ages.
Recreation Assistant Responsibilities:
- Planning and organizing activity programs under the supervision of a manager.
- Setting up activity equipment such as tables, instruments, electronics, etc.
- Maintaining and cleaning recreation equipment and facilities.
- Assisting recreation staff in conducting sports, games, and events.
- Assisting participants during activities.
- Performing administrative tasks such as filling out paperwork and answering telephones.
- Ensuring participants' safety.
Recreation Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Comfortable to work with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills.
- Strong creativity and socialization skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources