Camp Directors perform the planning and day-to-day administration of day camps or residential recreation programs. They design camp curricula, oversee camp employees and campers, and monitor expenses. Their duties also include hiring and training camp staff members.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Camp Director Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic Camp Director to manage our camp. In this role, your duties will include designing suitable recreational activities, ordering camp supplies, and training camp employees. Your duties may also include modifying activities to suit the needs of specific groups.
To ensure success, Camp Directors should exhibit experience in developing camp curricula and demonstrate the ability to assume responsibility for the day-to-day management of a camp. Outstanding candidates prioritize the safety of all campers and ensure an excellent camp experience.
Camp Director Responsibilities:
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine camp requirements.
- Developing a camp curriculum with level-appropriate leisure and recreational activities.
- Planning daily camp activities and creating activity schedules.
- Presenting camp information to prospective clients, when required.
- Hiring camp employees, including activity specialists, recreation leaders, and camp counselors.
- Overseeing camp employees, accommodations, and meals, as well as ensuring the wellbeing of campers.
- Managing the allocated budget, as well as ordering camp equipment and supplies.
- Modifying activities for campers with special needs.
- Ensuring safe practices and a healthy camp environment.
- Keeping records and documenting processes.
Camp Director Requirements:
- Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and Related Professions approved Bachelor’s Degree program in Camp Management, Recreation and Leisure, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as a Camp Director managing similarly structured camps.
- Extensive experience in planning and developing camp curricula, as well as modifying activities when required.
- Advanced ability to hire, train, and oversee camp employees, as well as ensuring the campers' wellbeing.
- Extensive experience in working with children, as well as arranging camp accommodations, meals, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to manage budgets and monitor expenses.
- Proficiency in office software, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook Express, and Powerpoint
- In-depth knowledge of activity-related safety regulations, as well as health and sanitation requirements.
- Ability to document processes and perform recordkeeping.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources