Activities Director Job Description Template
We are searching for an exceptionally organized and engaging activities director to create and oversee the rollout of our activities program. To this end, the Activities Director will be expected to gauge individual interests, conceptualize appropriate activities, and ensure the availability of all necessary resources. You should also analyze uptake to ensure that the program remains stimulating.
To be successful as an activities director, you should devise programs that are sensitive to differences in physical and cognitive abilities. A phenomenal activities director will use their work as a vessel to promote the enjoyment and tranquility that our space affords its occupants.
Activities Director Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with staff and clinicians to understand the ways in which activities can promote healing and belonging.
- Conducting needs assessments to ascertain physical, cognitive, and emotional abilities.
- Determining individual interests and expectations regarding leisure time.
- Determining and overseeing the use of available finances.
- Developing an activities program that is both sufficiently diverse and sensitive to our occupants' requirements.
- Purchasing or leasing supplies for all activities.
- Sourcing, training, and monitoring the work of Activities Assistants.
- Advertising events well in advance of their scheduled times.
- Supervising and participating in events alongside staff and occupants.
- Compiling periodic reports that outline successes, constraints, and the way forward.
Activities Director Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Appropriate training and/or certification is highly advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience as an Activities Director for a similar group.
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of budgeting tools.
- Top-notch program, event planning, and supervision skills.
- Upbeat, communicative, and empathic disposition.
- Committed to fostering well-being and fun.
- Willingness to avail yourself for occasional weekend work.