The Recreation Specialist is responsible for organizing individual or group activities at a community center or private club.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Recreation Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized and creative Recreation Specialist to organize activities for individuals and groups. The Recreation Specialist sources instructors for various activities and schedules class times.
To be successful as a Recreation Specialist you must have excellent planning skills. A great Recreation Specialist conducts research within the community to gauge which classes they will find interesting or useful.
Recreation Specialist Responsibilities:
- Perform surveys to gauge the needs and interests of the community.
- Reach out to instructors or facilitators to run activities.
- Schedule class times and post the information either online or at the community center.
- Book the necessary venues for activities.
- Receive feedback and suggestions from community members to improve activities.
- Collect any fees that must be paid for activities.
Recreation Specialist Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Prior experience in event planning or administration.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Basic first aid training.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Passion for community development.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources