Single Job Posting
Job Flash Package
Premium Job Flash Package
Ultimate Recruitment Package
Job Posting + Civil Service Job Board Network
Job Flash Package + Civil Service Job Board Network
3 Month Resume Database Access
Single Resume Purchase
*GovtJobs.com also offers several banner advertising packages.
GovtJobs.com is a leading platform for U.S. government agency jobs. It exclusively focuses on executive state and local government positions for public sector job seekers. GovtJobs.com allows job seekers to upload their resumes and apply for jobs at no cost, while employers pay to post jobs.
- The platform connects employers with public sector job seekers across the U.S.
- More than 2,000 government agencies advertise jobs on this site.
- The Job Flash and Premium Job Flash packages include a single job post emailed to over 26,000 government professionals.
- The Ultimate Recruitment Package includes distribution to over 1,000 job boards and social media.
- Bulk job posting packages are available.
- The site offers brand advertising options.
- Job posts are categorized and job seekers can search for listing by state.
- Options to attract diverse candidates and veterans are available.
- Employers can receive applications and resumes directly from job seekers.
- There are no free posting plans or trials.
- Employers receive no email alerts for new applications.
- The site lacks features such as candidate matching, ATS integrations, and or candidate management tools.
- Unlimited access to the resume database is charged extra.
We were unable to find any online reviews of GovtJobs.com.
How to Post a Job on GovtJobs.com:
Six easy steps for posting a job on GovtJobs.com.
Posting a job on GovtJobs.com.
Go to GovtJobs.com.
From the home page, click on "Post a Job" toward the middle of the screen.
Select a job posting package.
Choose a job posting plan that suits your hiring needs and click on "Get Started" or "Buy," depending on your choice.
Create an account.
You will be prompted to log in to your account or, if you do not have one, fill out the online form labeled "New Users Create an Account." Once you're done, click on "Create My Account."
You will see a message informing you that your account has been created. Click "Continue."
Create a job post.
Select your preferred posting plan again and on the next page, fill out the online job posting form with your vacancy's details.
To see what your job post will look like live on the site, click on "Preview."
Review additional posting options.
Next, you can select to upgrade your posting for increased exposure.
Finalize your job ad.
Add your billing information to the online form and purchase your listing. Once your payment has been processed, your job post will go live on GovtJobs.com.
GovtJobs.com vs. USAJOBS:
Both GovtJobs.com and USAJOBS feature public sector jobs with federal agencies. USAJOBS is the federal government’s official job site for civil service roles, where syndicated federal agency jobs are listed for free. GovtJobs.com allows federal employers to directly post jobs on their board, and prices start at $199.00 per month for a single post.
GovtJobs.com vs. GovernmentJobs.com:
Both GovtJobs.com and GovernmentJobs.com connect public sector job seekers with U.S. government employers. GovernmentJobs.com provides applicant tracking, and all plans give employers unlimited access to resumes, which GovtJob.com lacks. GovtJobs.com's pricing starts from $199.00 per month, while GovernmentJobs.com charges $199.00 per post.
GovtJobs.com vs. Careers In Government (CIG):
Both GovtJobs.com and CIG advertise government roles for job seekers in the public sector. Unlike GovtJobs.com, CIG features an employee information section and its services include candidate matching. GovtJobs.com charges $199.00 for a single job post, while CIG's pricing starts from $275.00 for a job post and diversity boost.