Food Handler Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a hard-working and reliable Food Handler to prepare various food items safely and efficiently. The Food Handler’s responsibilities include receiving and unpacking deliveries, verifying that the correct supplies and quantities have been received, and discarding all spoiled or contaminated food items.
To be successful as a Food Handler, you should be knowledgeable of food health and safety regulations and able to work as part of a team. Ultimately, an outstanding Food Handler should be able to follow proper food handling procedures and demonstrate exceptional communication and time management skills.
Food Handler Responsibilities:
- Preparing various food items for customers following the instructions provided.
- Appropriately packaging all food items for delivery.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all food preparation tools, instruments, and equipment before and after each use.
- Ensuring that all food surfaces, as well as refrigerators, ovens, freezers, and microwaves, are clean.
- Promptly notifying the supervisor of any incidents or suspicions of food contamination.
- Cleaning up all spills and leaks as and when they occur to avoid accidents.
- Following proper food storage procedures to prevent spoilage.
- Monitoring food supplies and informing the supervisor of low stock to ensure that the food preparation process isn’t disrupted or delayed due to insufficient ingredients.
- Preparing food rotation labels and labeling all food items accordingly.
Food Handler Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A Food Handler's license.
- Proven experience working in the foodservice industry.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to follow proper food handling procedures.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.