A Food Preparation Worker prepares ingredients for recipes and performs other routine food preparation duties to assist chefs, cooks, and other kitchen workers. Food Preparation Workers are found in restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, cafeterias, hospitals, schools, universities and prisons.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Food Preparation Job Description Template
We are looking for an energetic Food Preparation Worker to assist our kitchen workers by preparing food ingredients. The Food Preparation Worker will wash, peel, slice, trim, chop, and grate fruit and vegetables, and measure, weigh, and mix a wide variety of ingredients. The Food Preparation Worker will cut, slice and grind a variety of meats. You will ensure ingredients are stored and rotated effectively to optimize freshness, and ensure desired stock levels at all times. You will collaborate with kitchen team to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
To be successful in this role, you will ensure quality and stability of products by complying with production guidelines, by following standardized recipes, and by overseeing product quality through adequate storage and product rotation. Preferred candidates will be enthusiastic, dexterous and have stamina.
Food Preparation Worker Responsibilities:
- Working effectively with kitchen team, and complying with company procedures and food safety policies.
- Preparing workstation with required ingredients and equipment, and keeping station sanitary and organized throughout shift.
- Preparing ingredients following recipes and guidelines.
- Steaming vegetables and other basic cooking responsibilities.
- Ensuring ingredients are tagged, date-labeled, covered, stored and rotated effectively.
- Overseeing food levels and restocking items on time.
- Keeping utensils and equipment clean and sanitary.
- Establishing stock levels at end of shift and capturing information on standardized stock sheets.
- Removing trash and clearing storage bins.
Food Preparation Worker Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable alternative.
- 2+ years kitchen production experience.
- Excellent understanding of food preparation fundamentals.
- Ability to follow recipes.
- Sound understanding of food allergies and foodborne illnesses.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient knife-handling skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Available to work shifts, on public holidays and over weekends.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources