Kitchen Assistants perform all cleaning, washing, and preparation duties required in kitchens. They assist Cooks and Kitchen Supervisors with all tasks necessary to ensure that kitchen operations run smoothly.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Kitchen Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dedicated and reliable Kitchen Assistant to assist the Cook with ingredient preparation as well as perform all washing and cleaning duties required in the kitchen. The Kitchen Assistant's responsibilities include assisting with inventory control, removing the garbage, washing garbage cans, and clearing refrigerators, freezers, and storage rooms. You should also be able to record notable food wastages as seen from customer's leftovers.
To be successful as a Kitchen Assistant, you should exercise exceptional time management and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding Kitchen Assistant should be able to comply with all food health and safety regulations.
Kitchen Assistant Responsibilities:
- Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assisting the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
- Assisting with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Organizing and correctly storing food supplies.
- Promptly transferring meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook's instructions.
- Stirring and heating soups and sauces as well as preparing hot beverages.
Kitchen Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience assisting in kitchens.
- A food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources