A Food Service Worker prepares and serves meals in cafeterias, grocery stores and food courts. Food Service Workers work for dining services that serve universities, schools, hospitals and correctional facilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Food Service Worker Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a friendly Food Service Worker to prepare meals and to serve our customers. The Food Service Worker will perform food preparation duties such as preparing fruit and vegetables, and serve customers swiftly and efficiently. You will assist in preparing hot items for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and serve these as well as grab-and-go items. You will maintain knowledge of our products, and provide customers with correct information where necessary.
To be successful in this role, you need to perform optimally in a dynamic, high-pressure environment. Preferred candidates are fast-paced, organized and dexterous.
Food Service Worker Responsibilities:
- Performing preparation duties such as rinsing, peeling, slicing and dicing fruit and vegetables.
- Weighing and measuring ingredients.
- Wrapping, date-labeling and storing food items.
- Cleaning and organizing work areas, equipment, utensils and service station.
- Following established recipes to prepare menu items.
- Following guidelines to ensure correct serving temperatures and adequate portion control.
- Serving customers in fast, efficient and friendly manner.
- Providing customers with information regarding food ingredients, availability and pricing.
- Escalating customer concerns and complaints to management.
- Assisting customers to pay for products.
- Complying with relevant safety, hygiene and service standards and procedures.
Food Service Worker Requirements
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 6+ months food service experience.
- Completion of provided training program.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient understanding of food allergies and modified diets.
- Proficient understanding of HACCP requirements.
- Excellent people skills.
- Available to work shifts and extended hours.