Field Service Representative Job Description Template
We are looking for an outgoing, dedicated individual to join our team as a field service representative. The responsibilities of the field service representative include undertaking customer support tasks, completing on-site installations, repairs, maintenance, and tests, and ensuring proper task management so that all work progresses according to the schedule.
To be a successful field service representative, you should have excellent problem-solving and time management skills. Ultimately, a top-notch field service representative should have strong leadership, sales, service, and marketing skills.
Field Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Providing on-site technical support and performing customer support tasks.
- Delivering, installing, repairing, maintaining, and testing equipment.
- Resolving operational issues in the field.
- Identifying any issues and performing troubleshooting procedures.
- Determining customer needs and offering recommendations.
- Collaborating with colleagues and sharing information to ensure top-notch customer support.
- Managing work progress and ensuring adherence to schedules.
- Tracking and documenting work progress and writing service reports.
- Adhering to all of the company's rules and regulations.
- Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
Field Service Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A technical degree or certification may be advantageous.
- Previous experience as a field service representative or in a related sales or service role.
- Strong working knowledge of the relevant technical equipment.
- Experience with mobile tools and applications.
- Excellent leadership, communication, customer service, and sales skills.
- Great critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good teamwork, time management, and interpersonal skills.