Field service representatives take care of customer support tickets and provide company products and services in a variety of locations and facilities. They work to increase brand loyalty by acting as liaisons between the company and the customers, but their exact duties often differ according to the industry they work in.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Field Service Representative Job Description Template
We are looking for an outgoing, dedicated individual to join our team as a field service representative. The responsibilities of the field service representative include undertaking customer support tasks, completing on-site installations, repairs, maintenance, and tests, and ensuring proper task management so that all work progresses according to the schedule.
To be a successful field service representative, you should have excellent problem-solving and time management skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Field Service Representative should have strong leadership, sales, service, and marketing skills.
Field Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Providing on-site technical support and performing customer support tasks.
- Delivering, installing, repairing, maintaining, and testing equipment.
- Resolving operational issues in the field.
- Identifying any issues and performing troubleshooting procedures.
- Determining customer needs and offering recommendations.
- Collaborating with colleagues and sharing information to ensure top-notch customer support.
- Managing work progress and ensuring adherence to schedules.
- Tracking and documenting work progress and writing service reports.
- Adhering to all of the company's rules and regulations.
- Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships.
Field Service Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A technical degree or certification may be advantageous.
- Previous experience as a field service representative or in a related sales or service role.
- Strong working knowledge of the relevant technical equipment.
- Experience with mobile tools and applications.
- Excellent leadership, communication, customer service, and sales skills.
- Great critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good teamwork, time management, and interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources