Field Service Technicians respond to customer callouts, providing technical service and maintenance support at customer locations. They are responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing equipment out in the field and providing technical training when necessary.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Field Service Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Field Service Technician to look after the service and maintenance needs of our customers. As a Field Service Technician, you will be required to travel to client locations, install new equipment, respond to service requests, troubleshoot equipment issues, and provide technical training on company equipment.
To ensure success as a Field Service Technician, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills, plenty of field experience, and the ability to adapt to a changing work schedule. Ultimately, a top-level Field Service Technician efficiently manages all service callouts, providing high-quality service and repairs for any job size.
Field Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Responding to customer callouts and field dispatches.
- Meeting with the customer to determine the nature of the service or repair.
- Conducting routine equipment servicing out in the field.
- Inspecting and troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Repairing equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Installing and testing new equipment.
- Providing preventive equipment maintenance.
- Providing technical training on new equipment installations.
- Maintaining equipment stock in the company vehicle.
- Completing job reports.
Field Service Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven work experience as a Field Service Technician.
- Relevant technical certificate.
- Ability to travel and work according to a changing schedule.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Mechanical and electrical skills.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Good communication and training skills.
- Physically fit and able to work with heavy equipment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources