Installation Technicians install, repair, and maintain electrical and computer equipment in homes and businesses. The duties of an Installation Technician include traveling to customers houses or place of business, installing equipment, suggesting areas for installation, troubleshooting, and providing customers with operating instructions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Installation Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Installation Technician to install, repair, upgrade, and maintain computer hardware and electrical equipment for our customers. Your duties may include traveling to customers' homes or place of business, installing electronic equipment, troubleshooting problems with existing equipment, testing connections, providing user instructions to customers, and cleaning up after the job is complete.
To ensure success as an Installation Technician, you should have sound electrical and mechanical knowledge, be able to climb ladders and work in confined spaces for an extended period, have exceptional communication skills and a passion for customer service. Ultimately, a top-class Installation Technician provides expert installation services and dedicated support to all customers.
Installation Technician Responsibilities:
- Traveling to customers' homes or place of business.
- Installing electrical or computer equipment such as flat-screen televisions, projectors, routers, desktop computers, laptops, and tablets.
- Suggesting areas where equipment should be set up and where cords should be placed.
- Troubleshooting problems with existing equipment.
- Testing old and new installation connections.
- Providing customers with verbal and written operating instructions for new equipment.
- Maintaining equipment.
- Cleaning up after the job is complete.
- Recording and maintaining stock levels.
- Maintaining the work vehicle.
Installation Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Information Technology or similar.
- Proven work experience as an Installation Technician.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to crouch, kneel and work in confined areas for extended periods.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Advanced knowledge of modern electrical equipment.
- Ability to solve problems and repair equipment on site.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources