Cable Technicians install the cables that provide internet, television, and data services to homes and businesses. They are involved in digging and installing of feeder lines, maintaining cable systems, and setting up digital equipment for customers.
When interviewing Cable Technicians, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate a high level of electrical systems knowledge and be able to problem-solve complex cabling issues while on site. Be wary of candidates that cannot work at heights or who are unable to work in tight spaces when installing internet or television equipment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Cable Technicians:
1. How do you plan and organize your work for the day?
Reveals the methodology and organization skills of the candidate.
2. How have you improved your knowledge of cable technology over the past year?
Indicates the candidate’s willingness to embrace new technology systems.
3. Describe how you would install, test and calibrate a cable television system in a client’s home?
Demonstrates the candidate’s full set of skills and abilities.
4. Have you ever been in a situation where you could not solve a network or cable-related problem and how did you resolve the issue?
Demonstrates the candidate’s willingness to seek help from team members and troubleshoot major installation problems.
5. What would you do if a client is dissatisfied with your cable installation?
Demonstrates how the candidate deals with a stressful situation and reports issues to management.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources